Cranberry Almond Granola
2c old fashioned oats
1/2c dried cranberries
1c sliced almonds (much better than chopped!)
4tb (1/2 stick) butter (reason for my "not the healthiest"disclaimer!)
1/4c lightly packed brown sugar
1ts vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400˚
2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil (see note about size of pan and cooking time). Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Mix oats, cranberries, almonds, cinnamon and salt
4. Combine the butter, sugar and honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the butter melts and the mixture begins to boil. Add the vanilla and stir. Remove from the heat.
5. Pour the butter over the oats, mixing until well coated. Transfer to the prepared pan and, using a spatula, press the oats evenly into the pan.
6. Bake until the top is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes*. Transfer to a rack and cool. Using the foil as aid, lift out of the pan and place on a work surface. Crumble into pieces. Serve with berries and yogurt.
*If using a 9" square pan, bake 20-25 minutes. If using a 13x9" pan, 15-18 minutes.